For three days each summer, a select group of high school students discover the world of medicine at Stanford. Activities include:
- Learning alongside health professionals and medical students;
- Evaluating ethical decisions in medicine;
- Discussing case studies in clinical practice;
- Studying strategies that promote health and prevent disease;
- Determining your path through college that will lead to a health career.
Please note that a final conference agenda won’t be finalized until several weeks prior to the start of the program. Nor will we be able to provide details of the three-day program prior to admissions decisions.
Applications for the three-day Discovering Medicine @ Stanford become available in the Spring of each year. Admission for qualified applicants, as well as to the waitlist, is competitive and on a rolling basis. It is to applicants' advantage to apply early. The application opens for a minimum of one week, and closes as soon as the program is filled.
Please sign up for our mailing list to know when the application is live.
The program is held mid-week in early August. Program dates for 2017 are TBA.
The program cost is $850. Scholarships aren't available.